Scripture: Revelation 3:20, 22
Evangelist: Bro. Ian D. Nickerson, Sr.
- We must understand that we are a spirit, we have a soul and we live in the body.
- Genesis 2:7
- Hebrews 12:9
- You are a spirit A-Genesis 1:26, M-I Thess 5:23, E- Hebrews 12:9, N-I Peter 3:3-4
- You can close your spirit! A- Rev 3:20, 22, M-Prov 18:14, E – Prov 17:22, N- Prov 15:13
- Offenses can close your spirit
- Luke 17:1 It’s impossible to live this life and not be offended.
- Offense is a trap, stumbling block, a trigger, ensnares you, bends you out of shape
- The pain of an offense can snap and bend you out of your original character and you are not your true self.
- What is a closed spirit? When a hurt or damage, or an offense or pain, bends you out of your original self, your personality or your character, and when your spirit closes, you literally cease being who you really are.
- False substitutes: recalling or repeating the offense, resentful about their blessings, rewinding the offense or replaying your emotions
- False substitutes: forgetting, blaming, avoiding, denying, revenge
- State of withdrawal, alienate, disrespectful language, sexually permissive, rejection state, abandon, disengage, abusive, unforgiving
- II Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourself, whether you be in the faith
- Closed spirit is to others, Holy Spirit, love, God, intimacy, Jesus, truth and the word
- 3 results of a closed spirit, when you close your spirit to another person, you close your spirit to God, when you your spirit to God, you close your spirit to yourself, when close your spirit to yourself, you close your spirit to every significant other person in your life