4/24/22 Rethinking Prayer
Scripture: Luke 11:1
Evangelist: Bro. Ian D. Nickerson, Sr.
- What is the power of prayer? Prayer is an intricate part of Christianity.
- Seek clarity on the point, power, and perfect-ness of prayer
- What is prayer? Prayer is a tool.
- Anybody can pray, but to be able to pray effectively there is some skill and understanding of what God wants. James 4:3, Mark 11:23-25
- Prayer is a tool to do God’s work. He wants us to continue the process of perfecting in holiness. 1 Peter 1;15-16, Hebrews 12:14, 2 Cor. 7:1
- The journey to holiness requires work 1 Peter 1:16-17
- Could there be a better companion than God? I need to constantly choose to have companionship with God so he can continue His work in me
- God intends for prayer to be a tool that we consciously choose to use, to fellowship with God for the development of our relationship and for the completion of His purpose
- Prayer plays a major role in God rubbing off on us Proverbs 3:7, Matthew 12:24
- What are your prayers to God like? What’s in your heart? He wants our prayer according to His will
- When we ask things according to His will our prayers are answered positively
- Because it pleases God to see His children taking on a Christ-like paradigm.
- When I spend time with God, I learn God’s heart and ways. God will give you the desires of your heart! 1 Tim 2:1, 1 Tim 4:5
- Prayer-to meet a person, to meet and converse, to have intimate fellowship with the person
- Prayer is a tool used to accomplish God’s work
- When I spend time with God, His will and ways become my desires.
Leave a Reply